Views
Helpful
Replies

Pairing works fine and then "Loading slides" forever

Matthieu Malyga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I can pair an iPhone 5 (iOS 8.0.2) and a MX200G2 (TC 7.2).

They are on the same subnet. Hence there is a direct network connection between the 2 devices.

After having paired, I have the "loading slides ..." during a loooonng time. After "killing" and relaunching the app multiple times, I can make the slides appear. I left all settings with their defaults. I'm especially referring to the number of slides cached (left to 10 which is the default).

I played a little bit with setting a proxy then unsetting it (to make the iOS "know" that I really don't want to use one). I don't know if this in particular made it work, but that's after that setting/unsetting proxy playing (in the iPhone WiFi network parameters) that it worked.

Is there a bandwidth prerequisite between the 2 devices ? It's been said 1 Mbits/s in the admin guide. I think that's really not a problem on my network (which is a lab network with at most 10 phones).

Does somebody have had the same issue ?

I'm really concerned about it since I want to demo this feature to a bunch of customers and don't want the app the "load the slides" for hours :(

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Dan Peder Eriksen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the app?

I currently have 1.2.0 version.

Is this the latest ?

I don't know what version I had when experiencing this problem.

I did not tried lately so I don't know if I still have the issue.

1.2.0 is the latest iOS version. 

We have fixed the issue you describe in that version. However I just want to make sure that it is working for you.

This is good news!

I'll let you know if it works better as soon as I can test it again.