cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity and DX80

Terry Wiley
Level 1
Level 1

The proximity app on my ios device does not find my DX80.   Must I enable proximity on the DX80?  How and where?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Proximity is not supported as yet for DX70/DX80 deploy on Premise.   Plan for future releases.

View solution in original post

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Proximity was available in one of the earlier software releases on the DX80, but was removed due to privacy concerns as, if you were using the DX80 as a PC monitor, someone connected via proximity to your endpoint could see what you were doing on the PC.  For this reason, the proximity feature on the DX80 was disabled in the current software releases.  A future release may enable this feature again with some further safeguard around its use.

Update: This functionality was added back in with the CE8.3.0 software release in January 2017.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The solution we are currently testing (internally) is to send slides to mobile/tablets *only* when the system is in an active sharing session *and* in a call. That would limit the security risk of someone coming into my office, grabbing my desktop/e-mail/whatever confidential info I might have on screen.

6 Replies 6

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Proximity is not supported as yet for DX70/DX80 deploy on Premise.   Plan for future releases.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Proximity was available in one of the earlier software releases on the DX80, but was removed due to privacy concerns as, if you were using the DX80 as a PC monitor, someone connected via proximity to your endpoint could see what you were doing on the PC.  For this reason, the proximity feature on the DX80 was disabled in the current software releases.  A future release may enable this feature again with some further safeguard around its use.

Update: This functionality was added back in with the CE8.3.0 software release in January 2017.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

The solution we are currently testing (internally) is to send slides to mobile/tablets *only* when the system is in an active sharing session *and* in a call. That would limit the security risk of someone coming into my office, grabbing my desktop/e-mail/whatever confidential info I might have on screen.

Hi Henrik,

Any new estimation on the release of the feature?

(Never mind have the CE9.0 running now and that is working...)

Hi,

I still read in some places , like this one : https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/pt-pt/WBX89838 ,

that Intelligent Proximity for Content Sharing is not supported for DX80. Anyone can confirm this?

Regards

How do I enable proximity on my DX80? When I do a search on proximity from my laptop (Mac), it doesn't find my DX80.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: