cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity Call Control on Windows Proximity App?

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble finding recent documentation on whether or not call control is available for the Windows application.  Since I don't see it in the application when I use it, I assume it is not, but I'm looking for something official to send up the food chain. Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi brown3wab,

you are absolutely correct - nothing exists in the current desktop product (Win & Mac). Call control is only available in Android & iOS.

That said - this is something we are actively looking into and might do. We are investigating feasibility, and if everything goes as planned, it should be available later this calendar year.

Quick poll, though - we aim to start out with very simple call controls; enter URI to dial, app-local recents list, volume/mic mute, DTMF-entry (similar to the feature set in mobile). If we would have more cycles, what are more important;
* other advanced control features (roster list, local layout control, camera control etc)

or

* receive content on laptop

Best regards,

Henrik

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi brown3wab,

you are absolutely correct - nothing exists in the current desktop product (Win & Mac). Call control is only available in Android & iOS.

That said - this is something we are actively looking into and might do. We are investigating feasibility, and if everything goes as planned, it should be available later this calendar year.

Quick poll, though - we aim to start out with very simple call controls; enter URI to dial, app-local recents list, volume/mic mute, DTMF-entry (similar to the feature set in mobile). If we would have more cycles, what are more important;
* other advanced control features (roster list, local layout control, camera control etc)

or

* receive content on laptop

Best regards,

Henrik

Thank you.  I think in addition to the controls you mentioned, camera and local layout control would be benificial. 

for what it's worth, i'm quite interested in at least basic call control in the Windows client as is found in the Android app.