cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity not working appears to be microphone related

scutp
Level 1
Level 1

Got an error code below. Have had an issue with proximity using the microphone. I clicked on the learn more. 

See file proximity 3.0.4.JPG. 

Unknown error code: 0x80070005
Platform: Win

Function:Initialize

I then tried the latest installation and got the following error code

unknown error code: E_ACCESSDENIED

Platform: win

Function:Initialize 

I have since rolled back to 3.0.4. Is there a fix for this and what are the likely causes?

Laptop is a HP Elitebook 830 G6. Using Windows 10 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi mneergaa your post actually helped me, I ended up I reloading the OS on the laptop. There was definitely something stopping the software from working.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Probably another app is using the microphone, or there is an issue with your audio device. If other applications are using the microphone, you could try quitting them to debug. There are some images under https://proximity.cisco.com/help/?platform=win&code=AUDCLNT_E_EXCLUSIVE_MODE_NOT_ALLOWED that detail how the default microphone recording settings look on Windows. You could try to uncheck the “Give exclusive mode applications priority” checkbox as well, to see if that helps.

Hi mneergaa your post actually helped me, I ended up I reloading the OS on the laptop. There was definitely something stopping the software from working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: