Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity not working with OS X El Capitan 10.11.5

fmontesinos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello fellows.

I can't seem to open de app of proximity in my MacBook Pro - OSX El Capital 10.11.5. 

I am able to install the App, see it in my applications - but it won't respond when i want to open it.

Any ideas on what to do? i have updated my OS version to the latest. Erased ad re-downloaded the App several times.

thank you.

7 Replies 7

Dan Peder Eriksen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you have started the app you can find it in the OSX menu bar. Its in the top right part of the screen. To the left of battery indicator. Press the icon and you get an option to share your screen to a video system.

Dan, thank you. The app never starts, it like crashes... i haven't been able to see the little proximity icon in the top menu. I even re installed my OS. And still no luck.

Please try the following.

1. Delete all files in /tmp that starts with proximity

2. Try starting proximity

3. Send all files in /tmp that starts with proximity to me, daneriks at cisco.com 

Thanks.

Dan

Thank you Dan. I did as instructed, had no luck. The email should be in you inbox by now.

Thank you again for all your support.

kelvintsang77
Level 1
Level 1

same problem as fmontesino.  My Mac verson is EL Capitan 10.11.6

I could still use it 2-3 months ago for a while.  About 3-4 weeks ago, when I clicked the cisco proximity, it jumped out, no response. I did deleted it and restall again, same thing.

We no longer support Mac OS 10.11. The recent versions of Proximity have only been tested with later versions.

You may take under advisement that 10.11 El Capitan is no longer receiving security updates, and hasn't since mid 2018. You *really* ought to upgrade...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: