Helpful
Replies

Proximity Questions

Daniel Hamer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

Few questions on Proximity...

1. When will content sharing be available for the SX10?

2. When or where can I download the Proximity software to pair with an endpoint from Windows/Mac.

3. When is Cisco Collaboration Endpoint Software Version 8.0 available?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dan

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. When will content sharing be available for the SX10?

I am not sure what the latest information is right now, hopefully I will know more in the beginning of next week.

2. When or where can I download the Proximity software to pair with an endpoint from Windows/Mac.

The information will be available on the cisco.com/go/proximity site upon release. 

3. When is Cisco Collaboration Endpoint Software Version 8.0 available?

That is very difficult to answer at the moment. In this half of the year sometime (April - May). It is no way to give an accurate or even a reliable estimate right now.  In a few weeks we will know more.

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus!

Do you know if you'll be able to wirelessly present a number of devices at once to an endpoint using Proximity?

Cheers

Dan

Dan,
no - we currently do not plan to allow for multiple *simultaneous* sharing devices. However - if you start, I am allowed to "take over"; effectively replacing your presentation with mine.

/Henrik

No problem!

Thanks for your assistance.

Dan

Hi Daniel Hamer,

1. and 2. using Collaboration Endpoint Software 8.0 or later ... check the new link: SX10 Data Sheet.

3. that's an excellent question ... :) ... if I find anything, I will keep you post it.

Hope this helps.