Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity - "Interactive Services Detection" SCCM 2012 install

S Tanner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been deploying Proximity via SCCM 2012 to windows 7 pc's, on some machines the install triggers an "Interactive Services Detection" message when Proximity starts up.

The install string being used is msiexec /i "Proximity.msi" /qn and the version of Proximity is 2.0.3.

Has anyone seen this before and have an idea why certain machines show the message, the machine model type does not seem to the issue as Proximity will install on some of the same model but trigger the message on others.

Any ideas?

Regards 

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Most probably it is because that  at the and of installation Proximity.exe is launched, started. 

If you are bale to edit msi, mst for employment: 

You can disable it msi, mst file by disabling custom action named "LaunchProximity - sequence 6605".

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I have got around this issue by changing  the install to only happen when a user is logged off their machine.

Regards

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what Interactive Services Detection does, and we have no experts on the subject in our team. If there is a difference between /qn and /quiet, you could try using /quiet.

Besides that, by default the application is automatically launched on install. That might be causing the message, but I don't see how any of these cases should trigger only on *some* machines and not all or none...

Sorry we can't be of more assistance, but don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions. Also, we'd love it if you comment here should you find a solution that works better.

I am having the same issue in a very sporadic result. Less than 10 machines got this out of 325 that I show compliant at this point. Only difference was I was pushing version 2.0.7.

HI,

Just trying 2.0.7 and the problem is back, installing whilst the user is logged off doesn't seem to work now.

The main idea when looking at goggle is to disable the 'Interactive Services Detection' service, but don't really want to do that for one program that is having an issue.

Will stick with our current package for now and apologise to the helpdesk who keep being questioned from users noticing and being informed there is an update available but unable to install  as they are not local admins.
Wish Cisco would at least give an option not to check for updates.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: