cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 with Crestron Soundbar, standby proximity issue

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

Customer has SX20 with a Crestron soundbar connected.

When the SX20 is in standby the soundbar also goes in standby after a while.

When activating the SX20 with Proximity, the screen and codec come alive but the soundbar stays in standby.

Is there a way to send a audio signal to the soundbar when the codec goes from standby to active mode?

I would expect the SX20 starts to send the ultrasound signal when Proximity is enabled when it becomes active?

rgds, Geert.

1 Accepted Solution
16 Replies 16

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I'm wondering if it is not possible to use the API interface to create an audio action when the codec comes alive. But in the programming guides I did not found action that are related to changes from standby to active. There is a possibility to make startup scripts but only when a codec is booted.

Any other ideas?

Is the Soundbar connected directly to the SX20, or to the screen?

Have you tied connecting it the other way around?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I've tried to connect the soundbar in both ways but the problem remains.

Can you fix the soundbar so that it doesn't go in to standby?

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

No settings on soundbar possible.

I also found the Crestron soundbar only supports up to 20Khz. While up to 22Khz is required for Ultrasonic sound...

I've checked other brands of professional soundbar but found none of them supporting up to 22Khz.

A serious issue for the SX range of codecs to have Proximity working correctly...

For the standby issue I've launched an enhancement request with our account manager.

Wild guess, but would turning the volume up/down (on the SX80) trigger wake-up of the sound bar? When you tap the volume control on the endpoint, it will send small "dings" to preview the volume. So what if you just do a few volume up, and a few volume down from the API?

That is probably possible but how to execute API when the codec goes out of standby? Or can I run the script in a timely manner e.g. every 18 minutes to avoid the soundbar standby action?

Not sure exactly how you would do this in your setup; do you have any control system in place, or a Raspberry Pi or similar where you would fire the API commands? 

Anyways - the basic approach would be to register a HttpFeedback on xStatus Standby. And when you see it wakes up, then fire the volume up/down commands.

Read more about xCommand HttpFeedback Register in the API guide here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce83/sx80-api-reference-guide-ce83.pdf

Overview of all these docs here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/collaboration-endpoints/telepresence-quick-set-series/products-command-reference-list.html

we only have a touch10 connected to the codec - no external controller and no RPi.

;(   Currently, your only option is to use an external box (eg; you need to receive the httpfeedback, and then send xCommands back to the unit).

But — a much-requested feature on the CE software is a simple macro framework. We are working on that, but cannot commit to a timeline/release yet. So short term, I'd suggest a different speaker bar, or some fun RPi hacking :)

Thanks for the valuable input.

I've launched an enhancement request with our cisco account team to have the SX generate a sound when it comes out of standby. This functionality is already available on codecs of other brands.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you try to connect all devices to the TV, and enable CEC for each of them.  With CEC enabled if it's working correctly, the SX20 should turn on the TV automatically, and then the TV should turn on the soundbar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: