Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to share content from phone.

Phone connects to the Codec SX80, once connected it doesn't give options to present or even respond. However the Call Control functions work. Also would be able to see the shared content on the phone. It's just the sharing initiation from phone doesn't work.

using CE 8.2.1, IOS and  have the latest version of Proximity.

8 Replies 8

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Content sharing from phone is currently not supported. Content sharing can be preformed form the Windows/MAC Proximity client only.

The iOS client can do call control, and receive shared content.

/Magnus

ok, that answers the question, But I do not see the shared content on my Laptop. I can only present content from my laptop, is this supposed to be like that ?

Yes, this is how it is currently implemented. (Share from laptop, see content & call control from mobile/tablet).

I know this is confusing, and we aim to get alignment across clients. No timeline for this yet, though.

Br,
Henrik

Alright, if that is the way it is, then we'll wait to hear for the next updates. Thanks team for your quick responses.

I posted this as an idea. Please vote if you feel the same

https://communities.cisco.com/ideas/2626

Hello,

Do you have an idea on when this would be implemented ?

All our Customer want to use their Smartphones to share content.

They want to enter a video enabled room and be able to use the smartphone only to share and move ppt slide (go to next...).

This has been the major reason why multiple deals have been lost.

Thanks

Do we know if this feature is going to be available in the future?

You've been able to do it for a while with Polycom endpoints and RealPresence Mobile.

Sorry, this feature is not likely to be prioritized, at least not any time soon.