cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Asking about quilifications

Shehab.ElDin
Level 1
Level 1
What are the qualifications required to be a candidate to work as an engineer at Cisco networks ?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco certification, previous experience working with Cisco equipment. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco certification, previous experience working with Cisco equipment. 

Are you sure ??

what about bechalors they prefer ?

Bachelor's Degree with networking background?

i mean which one there is too many in bachelor's degree which one like computer science or information system or information technology that what i mean 

Depends on the employer.  

There are some employers who insist on seeing the certificate of qualifications.

But a certificate of some level of qualification(s) is not a fool-proof method of ensuring the candidate is up to par.  

For example, I used to work with someone who claims he's a CCIE.  This individual applied for a job as a network architect and he designed a site with several racks of HP DL380 servers.  The servers were meant to be powered using the PoE+ from 3750E. 

In another example, we had another candidate who claims he has CCNP.  So we gave him a stack of routers and switches and asked him to factory-reset them.  He couldn't do it.  

From then on, every time we have a job vacancy with the networks team we make sure there is a practical exam during the interview method.  This is the best and sure-fire way of determining of the candidate is all talk or not.  

ahaa i got it man thanks ..

but i have another question :)

you working in Cisco ? what do you do there ?

i think you are expert maybe iam sure :)

If I have a bachelor in MIS and Master in CS and A+ , N+ , CCNA , MCSA , CCNP and CCDA certified is that good to be candidate to work there ?

you working in Cisco ?

No, I don't work for Cisco.

If I have a bachelor in MIS and Master in CS and A+ , N+ , CCNA , MCSA , CCNP and CCDA certified is that good to be candidate to work there ?

Give it a try.  Contact your local Cisco office and submit your application.

okay thanks ^^

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: