cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect: Got an Error When Connecting.

Blessified
Level 1
Level 1
Please help. I followed all the advice I could get here - edit XML, re-install the software, reboot. However, I am still getting an error message. See the screenshots below.  

I have no issue with the Windows version of this software, but in Mac, I can't connect at all.

anyconnect-macos-4.9.01095-predeploy-k9 is the software that was provided to me by the cisco chat support. I was able to install it, but I cannot connect at all. It is giving me this error message.

anyconnect-macos-4.9.01095-predeploy-k9.dmg / 31.757 MB
AnyConnect Pre-Deployment Package (Mac OS)

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.10.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.09.50 PM copy.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.10.20 PM copy.png

I am using macOS Catalina10.15.6.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.02.24 PM.png

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From Safari try your domain "https://vpn.redlandshospital.org" see you get any error ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Balaji,

I really appreciate your help! Thank you.

I tried using Safari and Chrome. With Safari I get an error while in Chrome it let me get in and download the software but it's not completing the download. Maybe I need to be at my work network when I do this?

Safari

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.43.33 AM.png

Chrome

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.47.35 AM 1.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 9.46.54 AM.png

let us know what was the out come when you test it again.

BB

I will definitely will. :) I will be able back to work on Monday 08/17, so I will post it as soon I tested it.

Again, thank you sooo much for helping me.

Woohoooo that was the solution... just download the Anyconnect using our work VPN link. Thank you sooo soooo much! :D

Weird though something was preventing me earlier to download anything in my mac. After restarting my laptop, I was able to download the software. I also re-edit the XML so I won't get an error message saying "Security Warning: Untrusted Server Certificate!"

Again, thank you Balaji! May God bless you for your kindness. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 3.41.53 PM.png

Glad all working as expected, can we mark as soliution or any further assitance required here ?

BB

eddie.arias
Level 1
Level 1
Hello

I had the exact same problem. However, after editing XML file now I have another error that says: Login failed. Your Endpoint is not compliant with the VPN service. I have downloaded the AnyConnect 4.8 installation file form the vpn site. Then installed the 4.9 version but still have the same issue. All this nightmare after installing MacOS Catalina. No matter what version of Catalina the error does not allow me to connect to company´s VPN. Before that Mojave worked just perfect. Any idea? Please help!

Not used my self MAC OS as a client to connect to VPN, is that works with windows client?

check the release notes and limitation :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect48/release/notes/b_Release_Notes_AnyConnect_4_8.html

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: