Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C860 IOS signature not verifying

G'day folks.

I have a C860VAE-W that I personally own on my home network (bought from a large Aussie ISP back in 2015).

On Friday last, I briefly lost power and, on resumption, the router started presenting the dreaded "Signature did not vrrify." error (which I've only discovered how often it can happen after scouring the 'Net since it happened to me).

BTW, changing confreg to perform the bootup checks shows everything else seems to be working.

My problem is of course trying to get a workable image (I'm surprised there isn't even an old version in the unit's ROM). Cisco don't seem to have any mechanism for private individuals to take out service contracts (I did get the unit registered with them at least) and the ISP in question no longer sells Cisco gear.

In a word ... HELP! Is there any way to legitimately get a fresh copy of the c860vaew-advsecurityk9-mz.SPA.155-1.T.bin (I'm not looking to step on Cisco's toes here and, yes, I know it's a very old version but that's what's on the router)?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated; thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not only is the IOS version old but it is a "T" train as well.  Double jeopardy. 
If it is possible, I'd recommend upgrading to something more recent.

I should have said originally that I'd be more than happy to upgrade the IOS ... but either way, there's still the issue of buying an image as an individual rather than as a business.