cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 switch with eval license

r.kalluri
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 new 9300 switches which have come with eval license. 
What will happen after EVAL expires? will it drop any network traffic?
Do I need to accept any Smart Software Licensing Agreement?
What will happen If the device is not registered to Smart Software Licensing Agreement, then would it be covered for HW support?

License Usage:
  License                 Entitlement tag               Count Status
  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          (C9300-48 Network Advan...)       2 EVAL MODE

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In theory as per the EVAL License Finished, only perpetual License features works and rest all will be disabled.

in your case show as Advantake License, so it will got back to base License, once that expired Advantage feature not longer works.

Other hand : i have seen some device keep working even License Expiry ( By saying that, at your risk, and cisco policy should renew license or buy license after or before expiry of evalution)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thanks

kapydan88
Level 4
Level 4

Did you register your devices with idtoken or not?

In theory, after the license expires, the switch should return to its basic functionality essential or advantage.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
According to the output, the switch is running Advantage.
The current Cisco Smart Licensing/RTU licensing regime does not do any action. Once the evaluation ends, the license stays, HOWEVER, the logs will be continuously spammed about the expired license.
In the future, once the evaluation license expires, the Advantage license will roll back to Essentials license.
NOTE: The Essentials license is the "most basic" of the license. Once in Essentials, there is no "license level" to roll back to. Essentials is the "base" or "lowest" license level.

hi,

I had communication with Cisco TAC before, they mentioned that Network Essential License would still consume license (Network Essential License) from your smart account. Therefore, if you have no license from your account, your product will be "out-of-compliance" rather than roll back to Essential.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: