cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 5.8 AD Configuration

ffbl
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Cisco ACS version 5.8 . We have 2 domain controllers hoaxc1 and hoaxc2. Previously, both these domain controllers were hard-coded somewhere in the configuration file in ACS. Now, we are planning an activity that includes updating the names of domain controllers but ACS stops responding to new DC's honma1 and honma2. My question is where exactly are these entries hoaxc1 and hoaxc2 hard-coded. I believe if i change the hard-coded names to new DC names my ACS authentications related to clients would start working.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

here is the LDAP Integration :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/secure-access-control-system/113473-acs-simple-ldap-00.html

There is no hard coded from ACS side.  hoaxc1 and hoaxc2 for this names. check the DNS Host A records.

If you want to change to new LDAP Servers honma1 and honma2, make sure they resolvable from DNS Host A entries

you need to have priviege account to join the ACS in to Domain.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: