Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASDM not saving IKE Policy Changes

AndrewSzarejko
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I'm attempting to add new IKE Policies for DH group 14 to our Cisco ASA 5508-X, and I'm unable to change the Lifetime of the policies. Whenever I change the Lifetime it defaults back to 0, after applying the changes and refreshing the session the Lifetime changes to Unlimited.

Has anyone encountered this before using the ASDM? I'm not very familiar with the CLI, but I'm going to try and make the changes there to see if that will successfully change the lifetimes, I was just curious if there's a fix for this in the GUI.

Edit:

Was able to accomplish this pretty easily in the CLI following this documentation.

1 Reply 1

mmzzaq
Level 1
Level 1

Also an issue on Asa 5506 - X on ASDM version 7.13(1).

If anyone finds this thread through Google (like me). This is how you do it from CLI:

> en
# conf t
# crypto ikev1 policy 5
(The policy nr, in this case 5, refers to the priority nr in ASDM. In this case we're changing priority nr 5.
# lifetime 28800
(I used lifetime 28800 but obviously you need to change this according to your preference)
# copy run start
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: