Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C9300-24T Web user name and password

Sivan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks, 

I am configuring a new C9300 - 24 port switch via CLI. I have set an IP for the MGMT interface on the back side of the unit, and trying to access the device via web portal. I am getting the portal, but the default user name and password doesn't worked. I tried admin-admin, cisco-cisco, cisco-<Serial Number>, admin-<Serial Number> combinations, but nothing worked, can some one please help how can i access this via web, or how can i rest the user name and password or see it via CLI ?

Software version 17.5. 

2022-11-12_23-00-44.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure that was my next suggestion, I was under the impression you are looking to walk through Web GUI as a zero-day setup.

if you are looking to change using the console you can add any user, that user I mentioned when you open the kit the first time out of the box.

any way glad all is good you are able to move to the next step of your journey.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Log on using the default username webui and password cisco. (this should work if you have not changed any config on cli and tip out of the box and setting up first time)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9300/software/release/17-3/configuration_guide/b-173-9300-cg/configuring_switch_webui.html

BB

Hi @balaji.bandi ,

It doesn't helped. Nothing is changed on the CLI except the enable password and secret for the CLI mode. I have the CLI access. Anything we can see or change via CLI ?

this issue fixed, it was due to no default user was present in the switch, i added a new user and it works, followed this thread. 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/catalyst3750-how-to-reset-web-interface-user-password/td-p/1763217

Sure that was my next suggestion, I was under the impression you are looking to walk through Web GUI as a zero-day setup.

if you are looking to change using the console you can add any user, that user I mentioned when you open the kit the first time out of the box.

any way glad all is good you are able to move to the next step of your journey.

BB

Thank you for your efforts. Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: