C9120AXI-B-EDU - AP * Embedded Wireless Controller * Lightweight AP Software
FPR4112-NGFW-K9 - Firewall * 126.96.36.199
1. For catalyst image and wireless controller is it suitable to run the bonjour services? We are planning to implement Local-Area not Wide-Area. Is my understanding correct I needed to configure my 9300 switches as SDA and my wireless controller for bonjour gateway? Initial setup would have 16 VLAN's and each vlan have 100 users.
2. For my AP what image should I need to use? Is it embedded or lightweight software? Most device to connect are IPAD
Thanks for the details. There are few design and deployment details that you may consider. ased on providing LAN switching software and WLC software version information each individually supports Bonjour gateway.
But depending on Wired and Wireless network design the gateway function may vary:
1. Traditional L2 LAN Access with Wireless Local Mode - This deployment mode assumes the IP gateway of Wired and Wireless network will be separated over core IP network. In this mode, Cisco DNA-Center provides Bonjour services routing across IP network. The software version on Catalyst switches and WLC are independent. You may find more technical details in this guide : Cisco DNA Service for Bonjour deployment guide
2. Traditional L2 LAN Access with FlexConnect Wireless Local Switching Mode - This deployment mode assumes the IP gateway of Wired and Wireless network will be on single LAN Distribution. In this mode, the Catalyst switch in L2 Access and Distribution can provide Bonjour service routing function for Wired and Wireless users. Minimum 17.3.1 software version is required. Optionally, Cisco DNA-Center provides Bonjour services routing across IP network and services management in the network. You may find more technical details in this guide : Cisco DNA Service for Bonjour: Cisco FlexConnect Bonjour Deployment Guide
3. Cisco SD-Access LAN and Wireless Mode - This Layer 3 fabric deployment mode enables every Access switch as IP gateway. Thus every switch individually provides Bonjour gateway function to locally attached Wired and Wireless clients. To enable Cisco SD-Access as well as enable service-routing over fabric network you require Cisco DNA-Center. In this mode WLC does not provide any Bonjour gateway function as it is distributed to each Access switch. With several new Bonjour service advancements in 17.3.1 software release, you may consider 17.3.1 for Catalyst LAN switches and there is no dependency on WLC or AP software versions.
Hope this helps. If you further need assistance, then feel drop me an direct message and we can discuss further...