Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 3.9 upgrade

pjdouglas42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have 2 x Cisco prime appliances that I need to upgrade from 3.4 to 3.9.

I have already upgraded our primary appliance from 3.4 to 3.7.

The next step is to install 3.9 on our secondary appliance and then restore a backup from 3.7 build to 3.9 as recommended by Cisco.

The issue I have is how do I install the ISO image onto the secondary appliance that currently has 3.4 installed ?

The ISO is too big to burn to dvd and Cisco prime appliances for some reason dont support USB Memory sticks.

Can someone please provide me with some step-by-step instructions for installing the ISO image onto my secondary appliance.

Many Thanks

Paul

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can someone please provide me with some step-by-step instructions for installing the ISO image onto my secondary appliance.

If you looking to install on secondary node for testing your upgrade process, should be ok, but you need to do upgrade process on Primary node, seondary node not have any information, once you break the HA and upgrade. Unfortunatly this will not work, you need to upgrade process on the primary node and join the secondary node.

I follopw below steps :

https://www.balajibandi.com/?p=1537

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji,

I have already upgraded our primary server to ver 3.7.

My plan was to do a fresh install of 3.9 on our secondary server and restore from a backup from 3.7.

Would this be the correct way to go ?

Also, the ISO image for the fresh install of 3.9 is too large to burn to dvd. Can you install from a usb hdd ? It looks as though you can from the cisco options. Please see image attached.

Thanks

Paul

My plan was to do a fresh install of 3.9 on our secondary server and restore from a backup from 3.7.

if you like the backup restore proceedure yes,

check my Blog, use KVM to mount.

Also cisco doc :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/hardware_install/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_8_Appliance_Hardware_Installation_Guide_chapter_01....

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help