cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower Licenses

dgljohnny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, Please help me out with this. Someone purchased a couple of licenses for us, FPR 2110, instead of 2120, each with a three year term. The issue is we dont have any 2110 devices and these licenses will be useless to us. We have already gone ahead and purchased the right licenses for 2120 devices. 

Can these be returned? If not, can they be sold to a third party? Thanks.

Its a lot of money and it will be a big waste to let them expire.

DJ

3 Replies 3

bcolyear
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi DJ,

I'm bringing this question to my team to get an answer for you today. Hang tight.

Beth

Hi DJ:

This might help you:

"They should certainly be able to RMA them. Some customers do that just to change the subscription period.

An RMA is just another Sales Order – only in reverse. So you should RMA through the sales person or partner who placed your original order. You should be reimbursed, and the support contract is cancelled. (All this assumes the original order was completed and closed.)"

I hope this helps and if not then definitely open a case by emailing: licensing@cisco.com.

Thanks,

Beth

Thank you Beth. A bit new to the Cisco and all the procedures. Will do just that. I really appreciate it.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: