cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTDv 6.3.0.5 pre-login banner

garrycorker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a FTDv not connected to and FMC running 6.3.0.5 software. I have a customer requirement to have a pre-login banner. I've reviewed other forums and have not found anything that can point me in the right direction to configure the banner in the CLI. It has the "show banner" option but not the "configure banner" option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

none of the existing version, including the 6.7 which is in beta right now has this feature.

You can raise and enhancement feature request for that.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

You're running FTD without FMC which means FDM.
To configure a banner, you'll need to push the CLI config using Flexconfig capabilities.
Here a link explaining how to configure a Flexconfig object:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/630/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-630/fptd-fdm-advanced.html

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Francesco,

So far this has worked and I can get the banner to show in the "show banner" command. Unfortunately I can not get the banner to show before the login prompt. Am I missing a step? It takes the commands, but does not show like it's supposed to. 

Thank you for the help!!

Garry

Ok you want the prelogin banner when SSH the device. This is done through the FXOS but on a FTDv you can't do that.

Thanks
Francesco

Understood. 

Will a software upgrade to 6.5 allow for this or is this standard for all FTDv?

Thank you!

none of the existing version, including the 6.7 which is in beta right now has this feature.

You can raise and enhancement feature request for that.

Thanks
Francesco