Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change entry list and save entries surviving a reboot

Hello

I am looking for help trying to solve an issue with my Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.7.04056, downloaded today. My OS is Windows 10.

At previous institutions I also used the client with great satisfaction. Now the previous gateway addresses of this former institutions remain saved in the dropdown list even if I re-install the client after removing it from my computer (I think completely, because I cannot find any Cisco files any more when I search for them within the Windows task bar in the bottom). This is not something that bothers me much, but after adding my new institutions gateway address and connecting with it (everything works perfectly fine) the entry stays not saved in the dropdown list after a reboot. That's kind of annoying, because I need to enter the gateway address every time again after rebooting my Windows. However, the addresses of my former institutions, which are not needed any longer, stay saved in the list.

I am thankful for any help. I hope my description is sufficient for understanding the problem.

Best,

Marius

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if this is windows 10

Look the folder name carefully  " not program files"

C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile\

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check the  .xml files - one of the files should that entry, so can you change it.

admin guide for referene :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect48/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-8.html

BB

Thanks for your reply balaji.bandi, but unfortunately it does not help.

I checked that before I was searching for help here. There is neither a "Profile" folder nor a xml-file in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client - directory. That was the answer I found after I shortly googled the issue. I found old forum entries and thought maybe this solution is not possible anymore because I have a newer version of the client.

Problem not solved :/

if this is windows 10

Look the folder name carefully  " not program files"

BB

I found the folder! ProgramData is a hidden folder in Windows. So you need to make it visible first within the Explorer. Thanks for your help.

/Marius