Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP Virtual IP

Dears

i have 2 ISR4331 Routers with 40 Subinterfaces and i connected both routers to the Switch 3750 
i connect my laptop to for example vlan 2 and give it from vlan2 IP range then i tried to ping the VIP it connect , 
then when i change the Vlan to another vlan and change the IP address of Laptop i find that i couldn't to ping to VIP 
WHY ???
i can see the VMac address of the Subnet from Latptop
and i can ping to physical IPs for Active and Standby Routers
and both Routers can ping to Laptop & VIP
SO what is the Soluation

5 Replies 5

What happens if you do a 'clear mac-address dynamic ...' on the switch?
And a 'clear arp PC_IP_ADDRESS' on the router?

Let us know your results?

Regards.

Dear

I tried all mentioned commands

but i should work without any clear command
if i changed the VLAN and IP of Laptop it should dynamically ping to the VIP of its VLAN
but it work only after Restart both Routers or when make the standby as Active

Hi, I asked for the clear commands to understand if the issue is related to arp time out or mac address aging time.

Do you have already tried to change these settings on switch and router?

What happens if you leave the PC connected and wait some minutes? E.g. 10 or 15 minutes?

Regards.

Hi
i didn't change any settings related to MAC or ARP on Sw or Router
but i leaved the PC for 15 minutes it can ping to VIP

So, If I've correctly understood, the ping start automatically after more or less 15 minutes.
If so, you can try to reduce the arp timeout on the both router, for instance to 5 minutes, just to test if the ping issue is related to this timer.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: