cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Insufficient Lincense or Out of Compilance - Smart Licensing major alert

saeed_yousefi
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, I upgraded a Catalyst 3850-48T-E from Denali-16.03.05b to Fuji-16.09.04 which supports only smart licensing, so after that as I expected the switch license "ipservice" went to EVAL mode.

Now i am trying to activate this license on the switch with smart licensing procedure, I am using the Cisco Satellite, all things on both switch and Satellite are okay, even the initial registration of the switch is SUCCEEDED and the registration status is REGISTERED but the license authorization status is OUT OF COMPLIANCE and the switch is showing this:

*Dec 2 08:23:28.138: %SMART_LIC-3-OUT_OF_COMPLIANCE: One or more entitlements are out of compliance

and in the Satellite workspace i get this alert "insufficient license: the virtual account DEFAULT has a shortage of "C3850_48_Ipserv" licenses. 1 license is required to return to compliance"

So my question from you guys is this, What is the above alert? Why am i getting this? Is it important and I shall not ignore this? What about the switch? Is it really works with ipservice now? How do i get rid of this situation?

Thanks All

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

sometimes we do happen to be odd things when things moving in transition side like example smart License.

Last time we had the same issue with the Sattelite server onsite, contact the licensing team to fix.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: