Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 static route - problems with Simple PDU - Packet Tracer 7.3.0

Hi everyone,

I am trying to make a static IPv6 routing in Packet Tracer 7.3. When I use de Simple PDU, there is not communication between the source and the destination. I tried to change the ICMP protocol to ICMPv6, but the error persists.

There is an image attached. 

Thank you for your attention.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you are correct; you cannot create ICMPv6 simple or custom PDU in PT; it is not in PT; looks like is not implemented;

you can go to command line and ping ipv6 address then switch PT to Simulation mode to see ICMPv6 packets moving around.  you may need to restart Sim or repeat ping to see it again

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you are correct; you cannot create ICMPv6 simple or custom PDU in PT; it is not in PT; looks like is not implemented;

you can go to command line and ping ipv6 address then switch PT to Simulation mode to see ICMPv6 packets moving around.  you may need to restart Sim or repeat ping to see it again

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thank you for your attention Martin L.

It works when I use the Ping in Prompt command, I will try what you suggest in simulation mode.

Also, I tried it on PT v6 and had no problem, it is works perfectly. I took a print.

Regards, AA.

They have miss that feature or it is a bug; You can report issue to PT people if u want; go to Help in PT, choose Report issue.

best of luck!