Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue when entering configuration terminal in ISR4221/K9

jealousy2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have trouble when I entering config mode with newly bought ISR 4221/K9.

The IOS version is "isr4200-ucmk9.16.9.3.SPA.bin" which was installed from the first.

After router was booted, I tried to hit "configure terminal" but it failed with the error message "This command is not supported".

Also when I tried to hit “wr erase”, "copy A B", etc, the result was same.

Only I can see is “show run”, “show version” and so on.

After a few minutes, I hit “exit” and when I saw the “Press RETURN to get started.” I hit enter.

Then the router asked me the “Username/Password” even though I did not set the username and password.

Is there anybody had a same issue?

I googled but nothing related this issue was found.

Is there anything changed after this IOS version was released?

please advise me.

10 Replies 10

Andrew Khalil
Spotlight
Spotlight

@jealousy2000

Greetings,

please fillow the steps pervthe following guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/hardware/installation/guide4400-4300/C4400_isr/initconfig.html

It it should be very helpful!

Please don’t forget to rate helpful responses and mark solutions!

Bst Rgds,

Andrew Khalil

I have the same problem

scheikhnajib
Level 1
Level 1

I had this issue today and I ended up calling TAC. With the new IOS-XE, you will get all the Viptela stuff which means your basic commands won't work. So "Configure Terminal" is a no go (yes, it's that bad !). The command is "config-transaction".

The long story short, you will need to download a previous IOS-XE image (I downloaded 16.6.6), upload it to bootflash, change config-register to boot in ROMMON and then when in ROMMON, you will need to change the "BOOT" value to point to the new image. Then you reset the router and it boots the older image which is a standard IOS-XE.

Welcome to the world of SD-WAN :-)

Salem.

Where did you receive the download from? 

Thanks! 

Ihor Zaitsev
Level 1
Level 1

Just type:

controller mode disable

and answer "confirm" twice.

not a valid command on a 4221

That was exactly the fix "controller-mode disable".  Cisco really gave me the run around, so easy, thanks.

Perfect, resolved the issue.

shrebhar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try with below credentials 

username: admin

password: admin

if you would like to enable sdwan mode, run the below cmd on exec mode:

controller-mode enable

To make configurations in this version "Controller mode" you must enter with the "config-transaction" command and when you make the configuration you save with "commit" greetings