cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

licensing options for 9300 Catalyst vs 3850 Switch?

hmc250000
Level 1
Level 1

What are the licensing options for 9300 Catalyst vs 3850 Switch? Can you activate the license on the 9300 once and be done with it? 

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two types of licensing for "DNA". 

1) Network

a) Essentials b) Advantage

2) DNA 

a) Essentials b) Advantage 

they do 3 years and 5 years for now.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

But how i can activate this license on the switch (for example, catalyst c9300 or c9300l)? 

For example, we want to byu switch C9300L-48P-4X-E (Catalyst 9300L 48p PoE, Network Essentials ,4x10G Uplink) with 3 or 5 years DNA license essentials, what am i going to do for activation this license?

You can buy the license at the same time when you buy the switch. It is easier that way.

So we just choose between C9300L-48P-4X-E (essentials) and C9300L-48P-4X-A (advantage), chose period for this license C9300L-DNA-E-48-3Y (C9300L Cisco DNA Essentials, 48-port, 3 Year Term license) or C9300L-DNA-A-48-3Y (same lic, but advantage) and add two these points into buy? And we neednt install/activate this license like in 2960 or 4500 series switches?

If yes, what we should to do aftre 3 years?

The most "basic" license is Essentials.
The upgraded license is Advantage.
If I'm not mistaken, a switch will automatically get Essentials.
Advantage is what one has to quote to get additional features unlocked.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Depends on the IOS of the switch.
IOS-XE running 16.11.X (and earlier), SmartLicense isn't enforced.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: