Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer - "Skills for all"-Login in KUbuntu-Linux fails

Peter-S
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have installed Packet-Tracer 8.1.1 in KUbuntu-Linux based on the *.deb-File which was downloaded from "skillsforall(dot)com" after I had created an account there.

When I now open Packet-Tracer I would like to login over the "Skills for all"-Button, because neither I own a NetAcad-Account nor it seems that you can create one for free anymore. So it also doesn't work to connect an existing Cisco-Account with NetAcad.
The issue is that after I click the "Skills for all"-Button in Packet-Tracer there comes up the message "Login is in progress: a new window has been opened in your browser. Please sign in using your Skills For All Credentials".  But nothing in my Web-Browser (current "Firefox" , PopUp-Windows aren't blocked) happens.

With a disconnected Internet-Connection I can start Packet-Tracer without a login. But I don't know if this is related with disadvantages in Packet-Tracer.

Does anyone knows a solution for that or has another advice?

Thank you!

- Peter

5 Replies 5

bmcneil345
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Peter 

I have installed the web base packet tracer 8.1.1 0022 this version required you to have a linked account, just click on the Skills for all account and sign in.

tregear
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing the same issue here, I'm running Kubuntu too. I managed to get the netacad login working by doing:

sudo nano /usr/share/applications/cisco-pt.desktop

and modifying:

(Exec=/opt/pt/packettracer %f) -> (Exec=/opt/pt/packettracer --no-sandbox %f)

This solution would only allow you to login using a netacad account, I hope it helps.

P.S. I don't have a netacad account and I'm currently working on a solution for the SFA login, let me know if you found a way to get it working.

Did you ever find a solution, I can't find one anywhere.

jo3fis
Level 1
Level 1

Have this problem on Kubuntu 22.04 at the moment while trying to access the "Skillsforall" login. Tried a number of solutions but nothing has worked so far.

Does anyone have any other solutions?

punkoivan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

I was able to find solution.

Kudos to evilkraken777 from reddit - you will be able to find that man and the topic.

Solution is next:

`XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME packettracer`

Yeah, it's quite awful and demeaning to use that "G"-word but works..