Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Profile pic sideways

User said the pic he wants to use for his Webex profile picture was vertical when he uploaded it. However, it displays sideways.

He said he tried to upload another picture but it doesn't work. The pixels & the file size 3024x4032 and 3.38MB respectively. How do we fix this, so his profile picture doesn't display sideways? Thank you!  

4 Replies 4

redpanda123
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have a fix for this? I have the same problem!  Cisco, please advise!

Ok, I have a fix!  After spending a lot of time researching this, I found a solution for when your picture is loading sideways (and there is no way to rotate it directly on Webex).  Someone had suggested that you first load the picture to Microsoft Paint (or Photoshop if you have that).  Rotate your picture there, and then save it.  Then use that new saved picture to load it to Webex, and it worked...finally!  I just wish Cisco would just add a "rotating picture" feature to Webex, so it would save us all the trouble!  Hope this helps everyone who is having the same trouble as I am.

Tried this too but still didn't work for me! 

It appears that the problem is because of some extra rotation code embeded with the picture which Webex doesn't read right, aim is to remove this extra code which could be done by resaving the picture. There must be multiple ways for achieving that, I used the following on Microsoft Windows 10:

1. Right click the picture (a menu would pop up)

2. Click 'edit with paint 3D' (Microsoft Paint 3D) 

3. Click 'Menu' (located on the top left hand corner, full screen dialogue box would appear)

4. Click 'Save As' (options for choosing file format would appear)

5. Click 'Images' (dialogue box appears, you may write a file name, select format as '2D - JPEG (*.jpg; *.jpeg; *.jpe, *.jfif)', and the location of your file)

6. Click 'Save'

Now upload this new image as your profile picture, it should appear right side up.