cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ServiceNow & Cisco Integration Use Cases

Johnpell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community, I am hoping that you can assist me here.

I am trying to establish a set of use cases were Cisco Customers have integrated their environments in to the ServiceNow platform.

I know there are ServiceNow Store integrations for Nexus Dashboard, DNAC, Webex etc. but I wanted to understand how these integrations are being used - what are they solving for you? 

Any responses would be greatly appreciated

John

17 Replies 17

The Now Platform supports most common integration technologies including but not limited to web services, file retrieval/import sets, JDBC connections, LDAP, REST and SOAP, and Excel, CSV, and e-mail transmissions.

Thanks Richard, I understand the integration capabilities, it is more a question of how customers are using them.  What problems are they solving?

That is what I am asking for.

Same here, i was wondering what is value of using service now and integrating it to our cisco applications?

The Service Now Platform supports most common integration technologies including but not limited to web services, file retrieval/import sets, JDBC connections, LDAP, REST and SOAP, and Excel, CSV, and e-mail transmissions.

I'm aware of several customers that have/are looking to integrate their Cisco contact center CCE environment to ServiceNow to do things like play ticket status, open a ticket, show ticket information to agent, etc.

Pierce Vasale
Level 1
Level 1

I was not aware (outside of CMDB stuff going on now) of integrations that didn't involve scripting or 3rd-party integration. I think the Voice team may have done something that permits users to reset their own VM password via self-service ticketing...but I'm curious what I can do. Network Infrastructure (Routing/Switching/WiFi).

Pierce, if you head to the ServiceNow store and search for Cisco, there are several out of the box integrations in to Nexus Dashboard, DNAC, Webex
We also have things called Service Graph connectors that can pull in information in to our ITOM solution for event and alert management from AppD & Meraki for example

How difficult is it to tune alerts/alarms into tickets that are manageable? Historically, any automated interaction with a support software floods the system with unmanageable tickets that tend to be minor or informational. Usually the integration gets removed due to the immense task of “clean up”. 

Sorry, I'm not aware any integrations in use

fortvald

JRD
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, I understand the integration capabilities.

Noviyanto
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately, I have no experience about this

Amit Gumber
Level 1
Level 1

We are using SNOW suite with Cisco MSO . DNA Spaces to get more detailed information about overall connected sites over ACI in physical Data Centers with the help of API's and Service Now automation engine

rendy.rinaldy
Level 1
Level 1

what can I integrate from ServiceNow into Cisco products?

Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 09.26.30.png

 Here you go Rendy, these are the out of the box integrations that are available on the ServiceNow store for Cisco.  Custom integrations can also be built around the open API nature of ServiceNow and Cisco - Hope this helps