Views
Helpful
Replies

Software Upgrade C9200 Model

grnetworkadm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have acquired some Cisco C9200 Models (C9200-48PXG). They are running on 16.12.3a version at the moment. Is 17.3.2a software version the best choice for upgrade ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I still suggest going to 16.12.5 is a good option, for now,  - until you have a different requirement to got 17.3.X

make sure you read the release notes before upgrading and understand the caveats if any affecting your environment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-12/release_notes/ol-16-12-9200.html#concept_vh2_ytp_j4b

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@grnetworkadm wrote:

Is 17.3.2a software version the best choice for upgrade ?

Depends on the intention(s).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I still suggest going to 16.12.5 is a good option, for now,  - until you have a different requirement to got 17.3.X

make sure you read the release notes before upgrading and understand the caveats if any affecting your environment.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-12/release_notes/ol-16-12-9200.html#concept_vh2_ytp_j4b

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@grnetworkadm wrote:

Is 17.3.2a software version the best choice for upgrade ?

Depends on the intention(s).

jesse7Tzz
Level 1
Level 1

I would choose version 17.3.2a of it, for sure. Technical issues, especially in security field of business - is the worst thing, for sure. That's why, when we've started considering about implementation of some technical upgrades, we've decided to choose professional developers from this website and it's great how they have done it.