cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stealthwatch Desktop client and Java licensing

jeir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! How is Cisco supporting Java under the new Oracle licensing model? I mean, Stealthwatch Desktop client.
I know that Oracle changed the licensing model for Java, so all updates after January 2019 now require a valid license for patching. 

This info from oracle.com.

"What if Oracle JDK is included with the application I licensed from my application vendor?
Thanks to its reputation for high quality, compatibility, reliability and a predictable release schedule known well in advance, Oracle JDK is the favorite runtime of the vast majority of Java developers. Accordingly, many third-party software vendors beside Oracle develop, test and certify their software for Oracle JDK and recommend its use to run their applications. Your application vendor may have an ISV agreement with Oracle to provide you with Java updates to run the application vendor’s product. If this is the case, you will not need a separate license from Oracle for Java running on the application. Please contact your application vendor to determine whether your application vendor is authorized to distribute Java to you with their application."

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: