cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete physical topology cable on assessment

llis
Level 1
Level 1

I just started an ITN Packet Tracer final assessment for the CCNA-1 course. It's using the physical topology.

I put a wrong cable in place - which it let me do - and now, Packet Tracer won't let me delete the cable. It says "delete tool is locked". Also, there's no 'reset activity' button, so I can't start over.

I've saved and quit the assessment for now...

How can I remove this cable, preferably sending it back to the pegboard?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Oh no, can you start fresh again ?  Figure out how to begin assessment again from scratch, Where and what type is that "wrong" cable? 

if there is no 'reset activity' button, Instructor (author) has build this to be "no mistakes/ no correction" type of assessment. Meaning you can not make changes or go back "delete tool is locked".  It's like your final answer.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Oh no, can you start fresh again ?  Figure out how to begin assessment again from scratch, Where and what type is that "wrong" cable? 

if there is no 'reset activity' button, Instructor (author) has build this to be "no mistakes/ no correction" type of assessment. Meaning you can not make changes or go back "delete tool is locked".  It's like your final answer.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

I went back and just moved the cable to other ports where it worked. It seems the exercise didn't care if I had extra cables, lol. If that hadn't worked, I was going to start over as you recommended, @Martin L . It was the only way I could find to get rid of the cable. Thanks for answering so quickly!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: