Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to launch device manager from X.X.X.X ASDM-IDM launcher

Mig.Dorjee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,
I am trying to login to one of our remote PCI ASAs via ASDM but unable to. I get this error message "Unable to launch device manager from X.X.X.X". From checking the Java log, I see it report "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect". The local desktop Java installed on my device is version 8 update 45 (build 1.8.0_45-b14) as I see several articles mention Java version is the culprit. Also in the log, this is displayed "Local Launcher Version = 1.5.55 and Local Launcher Version Display = 1.5(55)". I installed versions 6 and 7 as well and pointed the ASDM to run with these versions, yet no success. On the other hand, when I connect to another PCI ASA of ours in current location, I am able to login successfully with no issue. I checked with my colleague who is able to access that PCI ASA which I wasn't able to and he stated that he provided with the correct security access. We have CheckPoint as our primary Firewall for outbound and inbound traffic and ASAs are connected to the CheckPoint. I applied policies to allow my device's IP to access the PCI ASA, yet no success. I didn't see any drop, reject, or block traffics from my device to the ASA. Is it possible there is an ACL blocking my IP or that my IP needed to be allowed? Please advise.

0 Replies 0