cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

USB Console Cable

hketenc123456
Level 1
Level 1

I couldn't find the right driver on Cisco support pages.

Which driver software should we use in Win10, for the Cisco USB console cable to connect to the 4G 829 router with a mini USB port?

We installed "CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port" driver, but none of the COM ports worked in PuTTY.

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Luis, thanks for your interest and sharing me the link of the driver for the USB console connection.

I just downloaded the .zip from the link to my computer and I will go to the site on the next days to try that.

I will write again if it works for the 829 Industrial ISR, 4G router as well. 

Just Perfect!. This is the driver I needed to connect a mini-usb - USB console cable, on a Cisco 1921 router. It Just take a Running the .exe file, and a PC restart (I still use Windows 8.1). Thank you very much Luis! 

p oh
Level 1
Level 1

You need to update the driver.

For WIn10 , install the setup(x64).exe from the Cisco_usbconsole_driver_3_1.zip.

Check that the Cisco Serial (Comx) is using the correct driver provider which should be Cisco.  Don't use the Cypress driver.

To update the driver,

1. If you installed it already and having issues, uninstall it using the setup(x64),exe then reboot PC.

2. First, disconnect the blue Cisco USB console cable. Reinstall the Cisco USB console drive using setup(x64).exe from the Windows_64 folder which was extracted from file Cisco_usbconsole_driver_3_1.zip.

3. Reboot PC

4. Open device manager to observe the driver installation.  Check that you see "Cisco USB to Serial Adapter".  If you don't see it repeat the above steps.

5. if you see above "Cisco USB to Serial Adapter". then

Click UPDATE DRIVER, then Browse my computer for driver software. 

6. Choose " Let me pick from a list of available driers on my Computer."  Select "Cisco Serial".  

7. Finally,. connect to the COM port x indicated in the Device Manager,  Ports (COM & LPT) , Cisco Serial (COMx)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: