Views
Helpful
Replies

IE2000 Dual Power Supply

nickrider290
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Is it necessary to connect the two DC inputs of a Cisco IE2000 to the same power supply? Although this is not fully redundant, a previous employee's response (copied below) indicates that DC-A and DC-B are inputs to two separate internal power supplies. Because of this, I believe it would still provide some level of redundancy to connect the same external power supply to both DC-A and DC-B... Thank you for your response.
Thus, the power supply is divided into two parts.
In order to power the switch, you can use a single or dual source of power. Power is drawn from both power sources when both are operational from the higher voltage power source. Power remains available to the switch during a power outage.
Connect each power supply to an independent source of power in systems configured with redundant power. You might experience total power failure if you fail to do this due to a fault in the external wiring or a trip in the circuit breaker.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if they are already a dual feed, then you do not need I guess here if I understand correctly

take the maintenance window and test it turns off the power and check if are you getting the desired outcome.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,
Can Cisco IE2000's DC inputs be connected to the same power supply? While DC-A and DC-B are not completely redundant, I see from a previous employee's response (copied below) that they are inputs to two separate internal power supplies. Therefore, I believe connecting the same external power supply to both DC-A and DC-B would still provide some redundancy... My sincere thanks go out to you for your response.
The power supply is divided into two parts.
It is possible to power the switch from a single source or from two sources. Power is drawn from both power sources when both are operating from the higher voltage power source. Switches are powered by other sources of power during power outages.
If your system is configured with redundant power sources, connect each one to an independent power source. The external wiring or circuit breaker might trip if you fail to do this, resulting in total power failure.

looks similar to this thread:
IE2000 Dual Power Supply - Cisco Community

and a third thread ???
Dual IE2000 power supply - Cisco Community

do you expect to get different answers to the same question ?