Helpful
Replies

packet tracer WLC based light weight access point not working proper

Screenshot 2023-05-06 180507.png

pls see my setup - all devices connected to Light Weight Access Point 1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @praveen_jayawardhana 

It must be some unknown reason because on my PC the devices was spread between those 2  Access Point just fine.

I might say that even in a real wireless network, clients often gets connected in Access Point far away ignoring Access Points  near by.

In real world the decision made by the device algorithm should be based on the signal strenght but for some unknown reason they prefer an Access Point far away probably due signal oscilation.

If you have any other issue or doubt, you may go ahead and ask. But the behavior you saw in your simulator may not have an explanation. You can eventually close the software and open it again. 

FlavioMiranda_0-1683393887263.png

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hi

We need to consider that this is a simulator and not everything works as it should. But, if you share you project here, I can take a look.

You need to zip you file first.

Hi Community,

First of all I want to thank for answering my question and I have attached
my packet tracer file here. I know this is a simulator, but I love it, it's
amazing, so I'm asking about that WLC and LWA.

Thanks
Praveen Jayawardhana
CCNA - Student

Hi

The file is not attched. You need to zip it, otherwise it will not be attached.

attached here 

Thanks
Praveen Jayawardhana
CCNA - Studen

Let me take a look

sure take your time 

Hello @praveen_jayawardhana 

It must be some unknown reason because on my PC the devices was spread between those 2  Access Point just fine.

I might say that even in a real wireless network, clients often gets connected in Access Point far away ignoring Access Points  near by.

In real world the decision made by the device algorithm should be based on the signal strenght but for some unknown reason they prefer an Access Point far away probably due signal oscilation.

If you have any other issue or doubt, you may go ahead and ask. But the behavior you saw in your simulator may not have an explanation. You can eventually close the software and open it again. 

FlavioMiranda_0-1683393887263.png

Hi @Flavio Miranda 

For whatever reason, it's still the same. But I agree with the information you mentioned because I have enough experience in the practical environment. 

thanks @Flavio Miranda   appreciate !

praveen_jayawardhana_1-1683396672339.png

For unknown reason,

What is interface config to ap and to wlc and to router 

I Need to see it

zip file attached here 

I don't have paket tracer please share here as text