cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco air-cap3502i-n-k9 reset

barry.ko
Level 1
Level 1

sorry that i am just pick over this device without any documentation and accessory. I have pressed the "mode" button 20-30s and thought it was reset to default. I cannot search this device and hope to ask help here. What if I do not have the console cable? how could I set the access point? Any clue , document share is welcome and million thanks.

Barry

newbie of cisco air-cap3502i-n-k9

1 Reply 1

brogan181
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Barry,

You need to do the following:

Turn your access point on (preferably with POE) and hold the "mode" button until the light begins to blink orange.  You can now let go.  Wait about 10 - 15 seconds and plug in your console cable.  If you don't have one, you will need one.  Open Putty on your computer and select the COM port that your serial cable is using.  

Press the ENTER key on your keyboard a few times.

You should see 

"ap:"

Ok now you need to type in the following commands

rename flash:private-multiple-fs flash:private-multiple-fs-old

rename flash:env_vars flash:env_vars-old

Now type "dir flash:" to check that the files were renamed

Type "reset" or unplug and re plug in the ethernet cable to reboot the access point.

The default password and username for a Cisco Access Point is "Cisco" (Case sensitive)

You can delete the files that had your old config if you want.  Up to you.

I hope this helps, best of luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: