Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN in a cisco 5506-x

it.gjykata
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a cisco asa 5506-x. By the end of February, the ISP who gave me the Internet had equipped me with a static IP. I had configured the device and I have no problems. From March 1, new ISP, give me the Internet, with Optical fiber. They have equipped me with a configured Microtik, in which I have no access, to see the configuration. I asked ISP for configuring ASA 5506-x, the answer was to use VLAN 149.

So, I've configured it

interface GigabitEthernet1/1
no nameif
no security-level
no ip address

interface GigabitEthernet1/1.149
vlan 149
nameif OUTSIDE
security-level 0
ip address 80.x.x.x  255.255.255.224

interface GigabitEthernet1/2
nameif INSIDE
security-level 100
ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

But it does not work

I would be grateful if you help me

Regards

it.gjykata

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why you need sub-interface if you have only 1 interface need ? why not configure directly to gigabit port with config and test it ?

if any reason you need sub-interface let us know. how is this interface connected other side ? switch ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello balaji.bandi

At first, I have configured GigabitEthernet1 / 1 directly, that it have worked with the previous Internet company. If with the previous company everything went ok with direct configuration to port Gigibit, it was not working now. Then, I phoned the actual company (Helpdesk) and told me that VLAN configuration 149 was needed but that's still not working in my case.
On the other side of the ASA 5506-x is a converter, from optical fiber to LAN 10/100/1000 port.

Thank's for your help

Askervgs77
Level 1
Level 1

You have to change your nat rules.

I tried to change NAT Rules, no success. I think that with the basic configuration of the Device, I should have the Internet. I dont understand what I should do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: