Views
Helpful
Replies

Building Cisco ASA for AnyConnect VPN - certificate issue/question

oden007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Relative Cisco ASA newb here. I am building a defaulted ASA to replace our older perimeter ASA. Since many of the responsibilities of these devices are changing, and because the config in the older perimeter ASA is a mess, I am starting from scratch.

I've got the replacement ASA built out to the point where I have a certificate-secured remote access VPN working. However, I am having a strange problem with the certificate I am using to secure the VPN.

On a test laptop (Windows 10 Pro, if that matters), I've imported the certificate into the Local Machine, Personal store. After doing this, I am able to connect to the VPN without issue. However, there is a problem: anywhere from a few hours to a few days later, the laptop is once again unable to connect to the VPN due to certificate validation failure. All I have to do is import the certificate again to fix this, even though the cert is still present on the machine and valid. Obviously this would be a big problem once we have a few dozen people relying on the VPN to work.

The cert is signed by a trusted third party CA and is a wildcard cert. I don't know if those details matter or not.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

0 Replies 0