Views
Helpful
Replies

I want to downgrade the MDS switch which is in stack,

Sanyasi Naidu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Recently we bought cisco MDS switch with higher version than the existing switches which are in stack. we have connected the new switch into the stack , however we would like to download it to lower version which other switches are running. Can you please suggest me the possible and easiest way to downgrade it?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MDS switch  - in stack ? what model is this, can you post show version

also suggest what version you looking to download

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for your response.

The switch model is 9200-48P & current IOS 17.x and we want to downgrade it to 16.11.1 as other switches on stack are having 16.11.1.

Currently the switch is not added to the stack, we wanted to add this switch to a stack and then we wanted to downgrade it to the same version of remain switches. I know the traditional way of downgrading individual switch, however we would like to know if there any other way of downgrading the switch after adding this new switch to a existing stack.

If cisco shipped with the latest version 17.X then I would suggest upgrading others to a new version of the code, rather than downgrade.

new models or batch ship with 17. X not suggest downgrading, they may brick (or not usable).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: