Views
Helpful
Replies

iphone 4s App Issue

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi All,

I am using iphone 4 app to login to the community.  It works just fine for a couple of weeks, and than every time I try to login, it gives me this error:

"server authentication failed"

The only way to fix it is by deleting the App completely and reinstalling it again.

Has anyone else seen the same issue?

Thanks,

Reza

4 Replies 4

Kent Wong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Reza,

We appreciate the information and letting us know of the issue.  We'll have one of our engineers look into this.  They may be reaching out to you to find more details in order to troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Kent Wong

Cisco Mobile Product Manager

Sean Morris
Level 1
Level 1

Reza,

Can you provide a date/time when this occurs so we can check our server logs? I have a few other questions

1. Aree saying that you are not logged in to the app and then you choose login, enter your credentials, and hit submit, this returns with an error?

2. Have you tried shutting the app down (meaning shutting down from an ios perspective by hitting the iphone home button twice and selecting the app to close) versus deleting it?

3. When you get this error are you able to access other parts of the app while still not logged in?

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean and Kent

Thanks for the responses.

Can you provide a date/time when this occurs so we can check our server logs? I have a few other questions

Unfortunately, I did not write down the times and the dates.  I will remember that for the next time it happens.

1. Aree saying that you are not logged in to the app and then you choose  login, enter your credentials, and hit submit, this returns with an  error?

No, I don't even get that far.  I basically touch the icon to lunch the app, and the error shows up.

2. Have you tried shutting the app down (meaning shutting down from an  ios perspective by hitting the iphone home button twice and selecting  the app to close) versus deleting it?

No, I have not tried that.  I will remember it for the next time it happens.

3. When you get this error are you able to access other parts of the app while still not logged in?

No, I can't access anything.  It doesn't get that far at all.

Thanks,

Reza

Another thing to try is logging out and then logging back in. We will investigate further on our side as well.

Thanks,

Sean