cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone/iPad app needs to be closed from the background

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I noticed that after a while the app is slow to respond when I add a reply. When this happens, I have to close the app and then close it also from running in the background. Usually I do this multiple times in a day.

I'm guessing this might be normal, but wanted to ask. Many times I only have a few apps that are running so that was my concern.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
12 Replies 12

Kent Wong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out.  Can you tell me what is your typical usage pattern is? Do you mostly read and then do a reply and it is slow or do you do multiple replies and it gets slower after each one?

Regards,

Kent Wong

Mobile Product Manager, Cisco

Well I'm on it almost constantly.  I don't use my computer that much, so its my iphone mayber 90%, my ipad 9% and my computer 1%.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

This helps Scott.  Can you clarify if you experience the slowness after a single reply or if it progressively gets slower after several replies?

Thanks,

Kent Wong

Mobile Product Manager, Cisco

It's progressively slower. So when I reply and it stays loading for a while, then I just close the app and close it on the background.

-Scott

Thanks Scott, I'll relay this information to our engineering team.  I appreciate the info.

No problem. I should try to use my iPad more just to see. Just upgraded my iPhone to iOS 6.1 so hopefully nothing happens bad:)

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Can you tell me what generation of iPad and iOS version do you have on yoru iPad?  Also, which iPhone model do you have?

Thanks,

Kent

I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 5 both running the latest firmware, but it was still an issue with the firmware prior.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kent,

I didn't have email notification on so that is why it took a while to reply. Also, even after the upgrade to the app, I still have to shut the app down or else it's just slow.

-Scott

No worries, I'll pass this information along to our engineers.  Thanks again!

Kent

martinaje
Level 1
Level 1

I recently used iOS apps appear, the apps aren't open, but they're in standby mode and I always getting iTunes error 1671 every time when I open an app. I am getting this after installing the latest updates. 

martinaje
Level 1
Level 1

nice

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: