cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NetPro IPhone APP

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

They say there is an APP for everything ... Im an IPhone junkie myself. Would love to have an IPhone apps for the NetPro Forum ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Is there an APP or are you commenting on the mobile site ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

The app is fantastic. However I cannot open the attachments. Is this a bug or the functionality is not provided yet.

Best regards // Rajiv

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for the comments Rajiv.  The only attachment you will be able to currently open with the iPhone app are images.  This is a known limitation due to the iPhone not having readers for various attached documents/files.

Hi Kentwon,

Thanks for the reply. But to let you know, there is an awesome app called "Files" which let's you open virtually any kind of files you through at it. Even from safari or web if you happen to trip upon some files you have an option of opening in it. For your reference I have attached two images. Pl check if this can be done. It will be a great help.

Thanks once again for this great App

Best Regards // Rajiv

I can find my discussions that I have created. But I am finding it difficult to find the discussions of which I am not the creator but a part of. Can anyone let me know how to find that.

Discussions that you create are automatically added under "My Discussions"; however, posts that you reply to are not.  This may be a good feature for us to look into adding in a future realease   Here's a tip in thea meantime; try adding discussions, communities, and RSS feeds that you are interested in to your shortcuts.  This will enable fast and easy access to your areas of interest.  Have fun!

Hi,

I would also like to bring two things to your notice.

1) I am not able to edit my reply (which I can, on my desktop computer)

2) I am able to attach only one image to a reply. I cannot attach more than one image.

Thanks again Rajiv.  Item #1 will be addressed in the next update to the app coming in a few weeks.  We will also look at the possibility of attaching multiple images.

Cheers,

Kent

Hi Kent,

Thanks for the reply. Thought it would help in creating a wonderful App like no other.

1. Not able to open different types of attachments.

2. Not able to edit replies.

3. Not able to attach multiple images.

4. My replies to other posts are not available under my discussions.

Best Regards // Rajiv

Hi Tom/ Kent,

I was wondering, if we could have the functionality to create/query/reply to TAC cases. As this is a technical support app, It would be great to have this added functionality.

Best Regards // Rajiv

Rajiv,

Thank you.  Great feedback!

We're going to be looking at additional functionality in the future, absolutely.

Please stay tuned -

Tom Yoritaka, Director/GM, Cisco Support Community

Hi Tom / Kent,

I find it difficult to join the "ASK THE EXPERTS" sessions from this app. I tried it searching too but could not find it. e.g. "ASK THE EXPERTS - Connect your iPhone/iPad via IPsec and SSLVPN"

Please help

Re

BR // Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Unfotunately at the time Ask The Expert content are not available on the iPhone app due to technical limitations.  We are looking to have it integrated in a future release.

Thanks,

Kent

Thanks Kent.

Hi Kent/Tom,

When can we expect the next release with the modifications?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: