cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OpenStack Learning Lab - error downloading CentOS

gilesaamoth1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to download "CentOS 7 PackStack VirtualBox.ova" for  the OpenStack learning lab.  I installed the Media Shuttle plugin as directed during the download process. At the download page for the ova file I was prompted to add the Media shuttle portal as a trusted site in Internet Explorer. I added developer.cisco.com as the trusted site. Then I was prompted to select the download location, I did that. Then I clicked the download button. A message is displayed stating "Connecting to server...." then another message comes up saying "Transfer authentication failed due to invalid credentials." then message states "Transfer failed."

I assume that I added the wrong address as a trusted site.

Please help. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just tried this with a new installation of Chrome. By default, plugins are disabled in Chrome, so I had to click on the workaround link provided within Chrome I followed the instructions within Chrome, as follows:

Chrome Plug-in Workaround

Step 1: If you haven't used Media Shuttle before, make sure you install the Media Shuttle Plug-in.

Step 2: In another Chrome window, type or paste chrome://flags/#enable-npapi in the address bar and pressEnter.

Step 3: Click Enable (below highlighted 'Enable NPAPI').

Step 4: Click the Relaunch Now button (at the bottom of the page).

This all worked fine. Next, I pasted the link provided by Paul into the relaunched Chrome window (https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/bd1cd156-505c-4cc0-b663-d2e9e9c43795). At this point, I needed to again follow instructions within Chrome to allow use of the plugin within developer.cisco.com (e.g. by clicking on the puzzle piece in the top right corner of the browser:

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.03.56 AM.png

Finally, I set the download path and downloaded successfully. Hope this works for you as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pnerger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Giles,

Sorry to hear that you're having a problem.  I've tried to reconstruct the issue on both a Mac and a Windows PC using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE 10.  Unfortunately, I was not able to see the problem that you saw.  Further, when I ran IE, I was not asked if developer.cisco.com was a trusted site.  I suspect that it has to do with the security configurations on your browser.  I would recommend that you try closing your browser and retrying by connecting directly to the link https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/bd1cd156-505c-4cc0-b663-d2e9e9c43795  If that does not work, are you able to try either Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've tried using Firefox and I have the same results. I was using Windows 10 preview. I tried IE 11 and Firefox using Win10 with no success. I reinstalled Windows Vista on my laptop and I have the same issue. I am not able to download this file. Thanks for your help. I have posted this questions on Topcoder forum and Media Shuttle and have not had any ideas from anyone on what is the problem.

Thanks,

Giles

I just tried this with a new installation of Chrome. By default, plugins are disabled in Chrome, so I had to click on the workaround link provided within Chrome I followed the instructions within Chrome, as follows:

Chrome Plug-in Workaround

Step 1: If you haven't used Media Shuttle before, make sure you install the Media Shuttle Plug-in.

Step 2: In another Chrome window, type or paste chrome://flags/#enable-npapi in the address bar and pressEnter.

Step 3: Click Enable (below highlighted 'Enable NPAPI').

Step 4: Click the Relaunch Now button (at the bottom of the page).

This all worked fine. Next, I pasted the link provided by Paul into the relaunched Chrome window (https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/bd1cd156-505c-4cc0-b663-d2e9e9c43795). At this point, I needed to again follow instructions within Chrome to allow use of the plugin within developer.cisco.com (e.g. by clicking on the puzzle piece in the top right corner of the browser:

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.03.56 AM.png

Finally, I set the download path and downloaded successfully. Hope this works for you as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Cisco Cloud Native resources: