cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OpenStack Learning Lab - error downloading CentOS

gilesaamoth1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to download "CentOS 7 PackStack VirtualBox.ova" for  the OpenStack learning lab.  I installed the Media Shuttle plugin as directed during the download process. At the download page for the ova file I was prompted to add the Media shuttle portal as a trusted site in Internet Explorer. I added developer.cisco.com as the trusted site. Then I was prompted to select the download location, I did that. Then I clicked the download button. A message is displayed stating "Connecting to server...." then another message comes up saying "Transfer authentication failed due to invalid credentials." then message states "Transfer failed."

I assume that I added the wrong address as a trusted site.

Please help. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I just tried this with a new installation of Chrome. By default, plugins are disabled in Chrome, so I had to click on the workaround link provided within Chrome I followed the instructions within Chrome, as follows:

Chrome Plug-in Workaround

Step 1: If you haven't used Media Shuttle before, make sure you install the Media Shuttle Plug-in.

Step 2: In another Chrome window, type or paste chrome://flags/#enable-npapi in the address bar and pressEnter.

Step 3: Click Enable (below highlighted 'Enable NPAPI').

Step 4: Click the Relaunch Now button (at the bottom of the page).

This all worked fine. Next, I pasted the link provided by Paul into the relaunched Chrome window (https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/bd1cd156-505c-4cc0-b663-d2e9e9c43795). At this point, I needed to again follow instructions within Chrome to allow use of the plugin within developer.cisco.com (e.g. by clicking on the puzzle piece in the top right corner of the browser:

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.03.56 AM.png

Finally, I set the download path and downloaded successfully. Hope this works for you as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

pnerger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Giles,

Sorry to hear that you're having a problem.  I've tried to reconstruct the issue on both a Mac and a Windows PC using Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE 10.  Unfortunately, I was not able to see the problem that you saw.  Further, when I ran IE, I was not asked if developer.cisco.com was a trusted site.  I suspect that it has to do with the security configurations on your browser.  I would recommend that you try closing your browser and retrying by connecting directly to the link https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/bd1cd156-505c-4cc0-b663-d2e9e9c43795  If that does not work, are you able to try either Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've tried using Firefox and I have the same results. I was using Windows 10 preview. I tried IE 11 and Firefox using Win10 with no success. I reinstalled Windows Vista on my laptop and I have the same issue. I am not able to download this file. Thanks for your help. I have posted this questions on Topcoder forum and Media Shuttle and have not had any ideas from anyone on what is the problem.

Thanks,

Giles

I just tried this with a new installation of Chrome. By default, plugins are disabled in Chrome, so I had to click on the workaround link provided within Chrome I followed the instructions within Chrome, as follows:

Chrome Plug-in Workaround

Step 1: If you haven't used Media Shuttle before, make sure you install the Media Shuttle Plug-in.

Step 2: In another Chrome window, type or paste chrome://flags/#enable-npapi in the address bar and pressEnter.

Step 3: Click Enable (below highlighted 'Enable NPAPI').

Step 4: Click the Relaunch Now button (at the bottom of the page).

This all worked fine. Next, I pasted the link provided by Paul into the relaunched Chrome window (https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/bd1cd156-505c-4cc0-b663-d2e9e9c43795). At this point, I needed to again follow instructions within Chrome to allow use of the plugin within developer.cisco.com (e.g. by clicking on the puzzle piece in the top right corner of the browser:

Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.03.56 AM.png

Finally, I set the download path and downloaded successfully. Hope this works for you as well.