cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API's for WebEx Messenger XMPP

gvijendr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are there any API’s available for WebEx Messenger XMPP cloud service? We are particularly interested in IM reporting data. I know OrgAdmin can provide this data but wanted to know if these API’s are exposed to developers

Thanks

6 Replies 6

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe Webex messenger (via the web) uses jabberwerx CAXL, so that would be the API. I don't know if you can use CAXL to collect IM reporting data, though.  My guess is no. 

Thanks Nicholas. 

I did not find the reference to reporting API's under CAXL either. In that case, I am wondering how does the OrgAdmin tool collects the IM reporting info from WebEx Messenger?

Thanks

Cisco has an API called WAPI (Webex API) which seems to include OrgAdmin functions.  I don't know if it's a customer-facing API.  I don't see it on the developer network, but I noticed Duke University uses it.  I'm not from the Webex team, so I can't give you much other information than what you'd get doing a google search. 

kasutton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello gvijendr,

WebEx no longer has APIs to support this functionality. Unfortunately, the only option is to pull this information directly from the Org Admin interface.

Kasey

Thanks Kasey.

Do you know If OrgAdmin can be leveraged for Onprem IM/P reporting? I know the API's are different. But would like to understand if there is a possibility.

Hi Guru,

Unfortunately, I don't know. I would suggest checking with the on-prem Jabber team to see if they can assist. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Kasey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: