cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

arf file conversion to mp4 - is this possible?

emma.nendza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I am using the API to download the arf files and now I need them converted to mp4.  I see this question asked a lot and answered with command line to convert to mp4.  However, I can't make the command line work and I am wondering if the newer versions of Network Recording Player even support it. I am using version 31.23.2.58.

Please advise if this feature is still available OR if there is another way to convert arf files to mp4 with a system process rather than user intervention.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Command line support for the NBR playback application was removed a while back. WebEx does not offer an automated solution for MP4 conversion, although WebEx does natively record to MP4 for some meetings. I believe this applies to Personal Meeting Room meetings, but I'm not entirely sure of that. You may want to discuss MP4 recording with your sales representative or WebEx account manager for a more definitive answer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Command line support for the NBR playback application was removed a while back. WebEx does not offer an automated solution for MP4 conversion, although WebEx does natively record to MP4 for some meetings. I believe this applies to Personal Meeting Room meetings, but I'm not entirely sure of that. You may want to discuss MP4 recording with your sales representative or WebEx account manager for a more definitive answer.

Sorry one other thing.  If I get the format changed to MP4 will the NBR API still work to download the meeting binary for local storage on our servers?  This is the one that I am currently using:

https://nsj1wss.webex.com/nbr/services/NBRStorageService

Hello,

NBR API does download MP4 when the recording was created using MP4. There is not a change involved, MP4 is simply the format used in some cases, like (I think) personal meeting room meetings.