Replies

Bulk update or upload of Corporate Directory or other info

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

All,

first, thanks for your time.

I have two questions:

1.) I would like to update the existing users (about 1200) telephone numbers and email addresses. Is there a way to do that via the API? I don't want to run a script 1200 times (one request per user). Can I bulk upload changes via the API?

2.) I would also like to upload a corporate directory (used for adding alternate host). I would like to do this via the API or some other automated method. Doing this manually via a spreadsheet would be a nightmare weekly.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Richard,

1. The SetUser command in the XML API can do this, but only one user per request.. it cannot do bulk uploads so your script would have to crawl through your list and fire off a request for each user.

2. If all the users are in WebEx with proper names, telephone and email it should be functionally equivalent.

Another possible path is to deploy SSO/SAML Authentication, which ties all the users into your own corporate directory.. You'll want to talk to your Customer Service rep as SSO/SAML is beyond the scope of API Support.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ryanhunt
Level 5
Level 5

Richard,

1. The SetUser command in the XML API can do this, but only one user per request.. it cannot do bulk uploads so your script would have to crawl through your list and fire off a request for each user.

2. If all the users are in WebEx with proper names, telephone and email it should be functionally equivalent.

Another possible path is to deploy SSO/SAML Authentication, which ties all the users into your own corporate directory.. You'll want to talk to your Customer Service rep as SSO/SAML is beyond the scope of API Support.

1.) gotcha. I will do an update for 1200 users. Is there a rate limit that I need to adhere to when updating?

2.) We are setup with SSO already. When I say corporate directory I am talking about the "Company Addresses" section under the admin. That info is used when creating a WebEx meeting > Attendees.

thanks...

1. If you do one at a time you should be fine, it would take a bunch of parallel requests to hit our rate limiting..

2. There are no API Calls to maintain that list of contacts, this would have to be imported manually.