cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i get company wide sessions with one API call?

kieran
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at using LstsummarySession to get a full list of every meeting currently scheduled within webex.

If I have one webex session where host is host A

And another webex session where host is host B but under the same webex.

Is there anyway I can pass a security context to the webex api and call java:com.webex.service.binding.ep.LstsummarySession to bring back both sessinos rather than just sessions associated with respective hosts?

1 Accepted Solution

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If your security context includes a host user credential, you will only retrieve all results for that host, both public and private. If your security context includes site admin or site admin read-only credential, then you will retrieve results for all hosts, both public and private. If you remove any user credential from this request and run it anonymously, you will retrieve all public results.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kieran
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for a reply - are there siteadmin credentials to test with for the apidemoeu sandbox webex site?

Thanks in advance,

Kieran

Hello,

Site admin credentials cannot be provided for the API demo site, but subscribing to the Gold Developer Program does provide a dedicated testing and development site that does come with site admin privileges, and allows testing and development without impacting your production WebEx usage. The GDP test site also receives WebEx and API version upgrades at least 2 weeks before production, allowing you to test your code against upgrades to ensure there are no unforeseen issues that need to be corrected before impacting actual production usage.

Hey Nathan

Thanks heaps for your input, you've been great.

One last question, do you get admin credentials that you can use on your site without having gold developer program? I.e. do I need gold developer program to gain access to what I am requesting, or just the admin site credentials provisioned for my webex instance.

Kieran

Hello,

Production WebEx sites come with site admin access as well, but any development against those sites would potentially impact production meeting usage. The GDP test site is just a separate dedicated test site so that you don't need to develop against the API trial site that does not grant admin privileges.

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If your security context includes a host user credential, you will only retrieve all results for that host, both public and private. If your security context includes site admin or site admin read-only credential, then you will retrieve results for all hosts, both public and private. If you remove any user credential from this request and run it anonymously, you will retrieve all public results.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.