cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DelRecording Access Denied

eteacher1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to delete a recording using the XML API v5.5 but I get "Access denied, additional privileges are required" error.

I am using the admin credentials in the XML request - I know this because other operations work with the same credentials.

Can someone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Updating this thread with the eventual answer. Site Admin setting "Automatically record all sessions using Network Based Recording" causes inability to delete NBR.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

DelRecording is documented as a self-only command, attempting to delete somebody else's recordings will result in access denied.

Hmm.. It worked for quite a while in the past. I have encountered this error only recently.

Is this a new change?

I'll try to change my implementation to use the meeting host credentials instead of the site admin and see if it solves the problem.

Thank you for all the help, it is much appreciated.

On the same note... where can I find the full XML API Reference PDF for the latest version (v8.0)?

I see only the PDF for v5.5.

Thanks!

Hi again,

Unfortunately changing the "securityContext" credentials in the request XML to the meeting host webExID and password did not solve the problem. I still get the same "Access Denied" error with the host credentials.

Am I missing something? Could this be a bug?

Hello,

XML API 5.5 guide is the most recent PDF available. You can also find a slightly more updated HTML based guide on the developer community portal, that will serve as the primary reference going forward. Can you please provide your lstRecording and delRecording requests to webex-meetings-api-dev@cisco.com for further testing? I will need the full request, including password, so be sure not to post these details here, publicly.

Hello,

Updating this thread with the eventual answer. Site Admin setting "Automatically record all sessions using Network Based Recording" causes inability to delete NBR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: